Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Bills are ouchy!

Bills, they arrive so innocently in one's letter box... I'm only just starting to understand my mother's sentiment of not liking mail, because it's most likely a bill.... I understand it, but I'm still not quite there.

Letters, any letters, are still exciting to me, more exciting than the fear that it is another bill. I think for me, at the moment, I'm more afraid that it's a damn electioneering letter than a bill! (We have recently had not only a state election, but a council by-election.... the candidates kept sending very personal mail to myself, Babycakes, and the two girls who used to live here before me!)

Thankfully, the electioneering is over, hopefully for quite a while now, and now, it's mostly bills that grace my letterbox.

I have 3 BIG bills due this week, 2 have come out of my account now, and one will be paid in the next couple of days. I knew the bills were there, I knew they had to be paid, and allowed for them. It still hurts to see so much money going out though!

I guess it is certainly better than not having the money to pay them... but I don't have to enjoy it.

No comments: